Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dallas Weekend

This past weekend I went to Dallas more for my new obsession with Texas Highways Magazine, moreso than my Wcities job. I read an article about the Bishop Art District in North Oak Cliff. Now, I've only been in Oak Cliff once in my life. It was definitely something I'll never forget, as I learned a very valuable life lesson. So, I thought it was time for a return to this sketchy area to see if I could find the hidden gem known as the Bishop Art District.




This was the fun Soda Gallery. It was fun to see soda bottles that have stood the test of time. They have a "six pack special" so I got some root beer, cherry soda, etc, etc. It was fun.



All over the buildings they have these beautifully colored murals. They were really neat.
I stopped here for some coffee because it was pretty cold. Got some lunch. It was very mellow. I was the only one in there so it was cool. I just journaled and looked at my travel guide.


Quite a few art galleries with some fun stuff. I wish I had more money to blow. :)
Ok, there's history to this picture. It really is a beautiful view. There's a picture of this exact shot at sundown in the magazine. It's pretty. So I had to get one too. :) Such a copycat...
Haha funny stuff. This place was recommended in TH. This place is in Fort Worth so I drove an hour and a half total to eat here. I researched some reviews and knew everyone spoke Spanish here. But I was kind of excited about the cultural differences and to use my Spanish. It was kind of fun. Kind of ackward....no doubt. But, kind of ackwardly fun. I took my grandma Bev with me and wow, she hated it. In front of everyone there she said Taco Bell would have tasted better. Now, this is not a Tex-Mex place. This is a tortilleria so tacos only and it's Mexican food. Tex-Mex and Mexican are two different kinds of food! The meat was tasty but definitely different. It annoyed me when my grandma asked what animal I thought the meat was from. Not really good with narrow-mindedness. But, maybe I'm overreacting...

One of the reviews said the place looks like an old laundromat. Again, I thought it was fun. Would I eat there again? Probably not. But I'd definitely pick up some chips and tortillas to go.

This weekend??? Galveston for Mardi Gras :)

No comments:

Post a Comment