Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 6: Go Boston Card Tours

So, Day 6 was kind of a whirlwind because we were trying to get our money's worth for our $110 Go Boston Cards. It's a fun program but it gets to kind of take over your vacation...
So we started our day by catching the earliest of the Duck Tours that we had tried days prior. The Duck Tours pick up at the Science Museum, which was included in the Go Boston Card so we were hitting two birds with one stone :) (No pun intended)
I've seen the duck tours everywhere (even in Galveston, back home) but had never taken one. They're pretty neat in that they travel on land with the wheels and then they "dive" into the water and tour the waterways as well. These old Army Ducks were bought after WWII decommissioned them and the tours begun by the company's CEO.
One of the museum's most famous attractions is the T-Rex and what a fun place to start the line for our Duck Tour.
When we were on the tour we headed into a part of Boston I hadn't seen. I loved this church!
And the amazing designer shopping streets were such a tease. These apartments/condos were so pretty. I hope to see that side of Boston some other trip.
Then we headed to the water. We got to see a lot of the city scene and the sailing school they have for kids.
After the duck tour we headed into the Science Museum. It was really neat and I highly recommend it for science lovers and children.
I liked the T-Rex but it was difficult to get a good picture of it. I have to say Chicago's is better :)
Triceratops!! I really liked the Giant Sequoia Tree piece. I can't wait to see them up close and personal on the West Coast!
Then we headed on the 2-day trolley tour. It's a 2 hour complete trip around Boston, including Cambridge for the Ha'va'd Ya'd and MIT. My only beef is: I hate seeing something and not being able to explore. So, when we passed Fenway (in the rain) I was sad we couldn't go in. Same with the Boston Tea Party NHP and MIT. But, we had to get our money's worth...
During the Trolley Tour we got to see the "Make Way for Ducklings" statue. I had really wanted to come here so I was at least excited to get a good picture! Next time I will definitely be exploring Boston Common!
The (New) State Building was gorgeous!!!
Then, we went to a place featured in Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network called The Barking Crab. There was so much traffic on the trolley that we were really late so the tour guide just pointed us on our way.
I had a gigantic margarita that was meant for 2 but Kristi or Casey refused to drink with me so, yep, I drank it all by myself! Walking a mile back to the Metro was real fun :) Lol
The crab cakes and lobster roll was AMAZING! So much lobster it was insane but you definitely paid for it... Still so good and such a fun place.
While walking along the harbor 10-15 blocks to the Metro station I got some good pictures but it was a bit cloudy... We went back fairly early, though, because we were getting up for our whale watching tour in the morning! I was soooo excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment