Sunday, May 16, 2010

CityArts Festival and Dallas (Last Weekend)

Well, this weekend I stayed home because I was in a lot of pain. I won't go into details but I was in the ER clinic yesterday and got some pain pills to last til my dr. appointment Thursday. Therefore, I didn't travel this weekend but I was so busy last week that I didn't get my pics up.

I began my weekend eating at Norma's Cafe in Carrollton with my grandma. Super cool fact? This was my mommy's first job! She was a waitress here as a teenager. :) It was really neat to eat here for the first time, even though I've passed it a million times.
Then I was off to Fair Park in Dallas, where the State Fair is held. They were having the CityArts Festival. Around the different buildings are these beautiful statues of athletes. The male scultpure was on the other side of the water.
While I was walking throughout the buildings looking at art merchandise and craft tables I came across the Hall of State. I've seen this building many times but never have wandered in. I'm so glad I did.
I love this sculpture on top of the entrance.
The Great Hall is awesome to walk through. It reminded me of the George Washington Masonic Temple. The murals on the sides were also wonderful to look up at and see the history of Texas.
The huge murals.
Other than the Great Hall there are also two hallways on the side leading to this pavillion here with many paintings. And the other hallway opens to a library and other Texas history artifacts.
This painting/mural was above the door in the smaller hallway pictured above.
The view of Fair Park standing on the steps of the Great Hall of Texas.

Yay, historical marker!
Historic plaque
Outside the hall is this beautiful outdoor area. I thought it was cool.
Looking at the Great Hall.
The CityArts Festival still going on. Because it was so stretched out there weren't many lines anywhere.
This street artist was making sidewalk chalk art. I loved his "Good Kharma Pot" haha
More of the sculptures on the buildings. I loved this building where Dallas Summer Musicals are put on. I've seen a few shows here like Titanic and The Lion King.
There's also a beautiful fountain in the area.
And I just had to get a shot of the Ferris Wheel that I WILL ride one day. :)
Close up........
That night I ate at Los Cabos with my grandma. Best mango margarita ever! Food was fabulous and definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment