Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome September

So, I've been pretty stressed with school starting. There's always a million things to do. I've had a hard time getting labels made and just prepping simple stuff. I know, however, that eventually I'll get this done and things will start getting easier and just about TEACHING. Because of my stressful nights I decided to get the Houston Chronicle and try one place a day. I haven't had the time/energy to do this yet but I decided today was the day to start! So, I opened up The Good Life (Travel section) of the Houston Chronicle and set off.

Sandi and I went to the Onion Creek Cafe in The Heights of Houston. The article was about a beer named Sumthin' Sumthin' Ale. I ordered the ale but .... they were sold out. NOT IMPRESSED Onion Creek Cafe, not impressed. However, I ordered a light ale and a burger.
Sandi and I were both in appeal of the burger. The bun appeared to be whole grain-type bread and the toppings kept slipping off. However, it really seemed made-on-sight and that's refreshing. Not really Wendy's/McDonald style here. No fries here but the Louisiana chip company Zapp's were served. There was also a side of potato salad or a regular salad. We both consumed only half our burgers so I'll take the other half for lunch tomorrow. The ale was definitely different. It had a different taste to it, somewhat stronger than a Budlight or Miller Lite that I'm used to. Overall, I'm glad I got out for a night, although I totally could have fallen asleep at 6pm. Looking forward to Labor Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment