Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Braunfels and San Marcos

Well, I've been shopping so much that I wasn't planning on doing anything this weekend. But my mom invited me to go with her to New Braunfels to go to the BBQ cook-off and meet her new BBQ-cooker friend who will be cooking for her Blood Drive in San Antonio on Sept 11.

The long name of the BBQ Cook-off :)
The dirt road to get there...
You know it's never a good sign when there are the dreaded PORT-A-POTTIES!
I was there for the team JD's Xtreme BBQ Team...and that was their set up.
Some of the other teams...
Yes, those are swimming pools. It was like 105 degrees so feet were in there as well as kids.
The BBQ I ate was SO good....The brisket was tasty and the ribs were AWESOME. Also loved the thickness of the sausage. Lol that's what she said, wow, I should delete that.
JD's magic BBQ machine.
JD (and a horrible mishap picture) with his wife that I missed in the picture.
So no trip this close to the Tanger and Prime Outlets in San Marcos would have gone down...So we took a few hour stop to both. LOVE Coldwater Creek Outlet. Buy one get one Free AND discounted prices...wow. I'm in LOVE again... The Prime Outlets (across the street from the Tanger Outlets) have more upscale shops. Stopped here at Dooney and Bourke but found nothing I couldn't live without. Did find my new desk at Crate & Barrel though :)
So, the rest of the time I spent on school stuff. The first few weeks are always tricky, you know? Next weekend is Labor Day though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment