Thursday, October 21, 2010

Caution: Book Nerd! :)

So last week was definitely my author visit week. On Wednesday night I took a trip to the Woodlands to meet Jon Scieszka the author of The Stinky Cheese Man and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. His humorous books are so fun to share with my students!! It was a fun night out with my friend, Sandi...and talking with Jon Scieszka was totally amazing. He even put my badge on to make the picture funnier for the students.



Then on Saturday I took off to Austin with my friend Deborah to go to the Texas Book Festival. It was like being in Heaven. :) Nothing but authors and books. Ahhhhhh!!
The festival takes place right in front of the state capitol building. It really is a great festival that really stresses literacy!
Wish they weren't working on the capital but still a fun picture.
I met OLIVIA!!!!! :)
Author #1 was more for smaller children but since Deborah teachs first grade she got the book/autograph.
Then we met Stephen Graves of Chicken Big who Deborah knew...He had horrible handwriting lol.
And my reason for going was Sara Pennypacker who writes the Clementine books AND the new Flat Stanley Around the World books. Just wish I had thought to bring those!
The festival said you could only bring 2 books from home but the authors were signing any copies of books you brought. It was a great time and I hope next year's is even better!








No comments:

Post a Comment