Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Surgery

My bear from Brian.
Flowers from Jim and Judy, who were so great to send them to me!
Flowers from Intercermic, thanks everyone!

Well, my surgery was a HUGE success. It went the best that it possibly could. They took out the cyst and the 27 liters that were inside of it. It was a total of 55 pounds that came out of my stomach. The incision stayed at 4-5 inches below my belly button so bathing suits will still look cute. :)

The miraculous part of it all was that it was actually connected to my falopian tube and NOT my ovaries so I got to keep part of both. So basically I may still be able to have children one day. That, in itself, was a huge blessing. I just couldn't believe how blessed I have been through this journey.

This weekend was fun at the hospital because I was surrounded by my parents, Aunt B, and Aunt Barbara and Uncle Terry. Brian couldn't be there but almost as soon as I was in my room a package came with a way cute teddy bear. TOTAL surprise! The thing probably hasn't left my sight since I got it. Also, got some flowers from Jim/Judy and Interceramic. So lucky to have all them in my life. My family and I spent lots of time in the room talking and walking around. I was able to come home Sunday and have been relaxing a lot since then.

Travel updates: Las Vegas is definitely planned for the last week of July. Yippee!! Brian and I are busy planning all the fun things we want to do. He likes most of the things I suggest lol. My aunt Barbara told me we could still go to Colorado in July. SO EXCITED!! I just can't believe how lucky and blessed I am right now. I'm truly grateful. It's just amazing. I feel like I have a new life to live.

And to add to the happiness. My nephews are coming to visit this Friday for TWO WEEKS. Yes, two weeks of a fun filled time with them and all over Houston.

So, this summer is saved. I feel good. Look great ;) And can't wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store for me.

Love you all!! And will post some hospital pics when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment