Sunday, March 27, 2011

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo

Last week grades were due and I'm sad to say that I probably did worse than I ever have but just got so far behind with some issues I dealt with for a while in the classroom. However, hopefully this week I can get somewhat caught up if I do a bit at a time. So, without further ado... The Friday of Spring Break I went to the Rodeo with my mom. Rhonda had an extra pair to Lady Antebellum so I took off, remembering on the way, why exactly I don't go each year, lol. My mom and I left around 4:30pm and didn't get (20 miles away) to the Rodeo parking lot until 6:30pm. Yikes.... We didn't even have enough time to shop and see the rodeo. Sadness, really. I didn't find anything shopping that I couldn't live without. But did get a souvenir pin for my travel bag. So while we were shopping we saw the Saltgrass food booth. My mom loves their "steak on a stick" LOL. I just loved the name. But it was nasty.......
I tried one of the tons of BBQ booths. I stopped here and got a "pig in a blanket" but it was just like a sausage kolache.
Also saw these humongous cinnamon rolls being made. It won one of the many food awards/trophies given out yearly.
After shopping we headed into the rodeo. Sadly, though, it was almost over. Saw a bit of barrel racing and the kid's mutten bustin'. We also watched the grand champion cow get picked.
And the concert started almost immediately after. It has come a long way since the days I was in high school where we'd wait for half an hour.
The concert was really great. Our seats were good... I get these seats all the time, it seems :)
It was my first time seeing Lady Antebellum. I've seen Clay Walker, LeAnn Rimes, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, etc.
Gotta love the jumbo-tron :)
"It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now...." :)
They played for a good hour or so and then it was over. My mom and I walked around a bit but I was so tired from the party day at school that we headed home soon after. It was a great start to Spring Break and a great night with my mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment