Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 9-Astros Opening Weekend

If you haven't heard of Groupon, then you haven't yet lived! They are an amazing coupon that gives local, area mega coupons daily. So when they gave a 50% off coupon for the Astros opening Saturday game my friend Deborah and I HAD to go! The tickets were lower level for $22 but we did NOT expect 6th row!! It was amazing....as you can see in the pictures. :)
We went about 4 hours early because there was all sorts of things to do on Opening Weekend. So we got a super close parking spot, with our choice of parking prices. Here we scored a $10 spot. Woohoo! Much better than the $20 on the other side.

Walking around to Will Call. Nice details... Minute Maid Park is really neat!

Outside of the Center Field exit is this huge baseball bronze sculpture. Love the cracked bricks too.

When we went into the park the Astros were doing batting practice. At this area there were lots of us with our gloves waiting for a ball but Deborah and I waited for like 10 minutes and there was really nothing being hit so we just left. Lots of people were kinda crowding around and hovering all over a spot so we didn't think it was our kinda thing.

After being deceived at the official gift shop we found the Astros Garage Sale with all the free items from last year put at a $1-$10. Unfortunately, most of the good stuff was gone but Deborah got a shirt for $2. Haha, not bad!
We were sitting in the right field area which is where the kids zone is. Loved the Astros Mickey! Can't wait for Disneyland in June!!!!!!

So, then we found our (amazing) seats. And when we were heading down to the 6th row, one of the Astros pitchers was there signing autographs! Lopez ended up pitching one batter that day and striking him out! But the coolest thing was when he was called to the mound he totally BOLTED from the bullpen to the mound. It was really cool. He's super fast. I had him sign my glove. Hopefully next time I'll bring a thicker black pen. All I had was a pink permanent marker from grading in my purse. Lol


The new jumbo screen and we were SO close!

The field from our seats :)

Junction Jack giving some high fives. We actually ran into him and his "friends" up by the entrance. I had some pig tails and he was pulling on them... I didn't pull an Ace Ventura and kick his _ _ _ but I could have. Lol, but it ended up being a cute FB pic :)

Soon after that the 'Stros starting warming up and our admiration of Hunter Pence began :) Hunter.....we were about 9 feet from him the whole game!


Go Astros!!

Go Hunter :) Lol

Go Fire Sauce!!!! Deborah totally knew they'd be coming for the 7th inning stretch. I thought Fire had it but he "tripped"...

Hunter at bat...

The Astros were ahead for probably the first 7 innings but ended up losing :( Deborah and I were too busy talking the whole time, but we had to stay alive as we were so close to the line drive fouls! It was a great night. Dinner at Chili's was just as fun. It was a great time at opening weekend!

The next day I headed to the CyFair Exhibit Center for the Cy-Woods High School FFA Craft Show. Spent wayyyyyy too much money but it was for a great cause. My partner teacher's daughter is very involved with the FFA here so I felt like I contributed. :) I planned on being here for like half an hour but ended up being here for over 3 hours seeing and meeting about 5 of my Lamkin friends. Met a nice T-shirt lady...Kindred spirts, for sure!

And.....I finally broke down and got one of the magnetic cross necklaces. Super cute Minnie mouse bottle cap with a B on it, though.

Also found some CUTE Disney bows for my trip. SOOOOO ready for Disney!!! And after spending all afternoon shopping and visiting with friends I headed home for some R&R and grading. Another top weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment