Saturday, May 14, 2011

Brenham's Maifest: Last Weekend

Last weekend I spent Saturday at the Maifest in Brenham, Texas with my mom and her fundraising friends, Judy and Jim. I really enjoyed hanging out there with them and listening to so many people's military experiences. Shout out to our troops!!



Maifest took place in Fireman's Park. It's a German festival that began many, many years ago. Another excuse to drink beer? That's right. :)
There were a decent number of craft booths there. I saw some cute stuff but the prices were a bit higher than I like to pay.
Judy and Jim working at the Operation Lone Star booth...They (including my mom) are some true heroes on the homefront...They raise money for care packages that they send to deployed troops.
The octagonal pavilion where there were performances of German dancers and music throughout the day. Boy, how I wish Brave Combo could have rocked out!
There was also a traditional German living museum. Kids would help do laundry and make crafts from the early settler days.
The old carousel was even running ( a true landmark from what I've heard) for$1 a ride.
And, the best part of Brenham?? Home of the Blue Bell Factory! Had some yummy ice cream (for free)! After Maifest I went to my dad's friends, Matt and Kathy for swimming, steak, and the Kentucky Derby. Sunday was Mother's Day so I spent the day shopping with my mom. (It's what we do best.) It was another great weekend.


And this weekend I REALLY noticed the heat, and it's here to stay I'm afraid. Summer, bring it on!! I'm ready! 11 more days of school!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment