Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Vacation Part 1

Christmas Break has been treating me well! I've been loving time with family, friends and shopping for gifts. The Houston Chronicle (newspaper) has been putting out small businesses with specialty gifts so I discovered them on Saturday. Then, Sunday I took off to Cleburne, Texas south of Fort Worth to see a play and look at Christmas lights.

3 DAYS UNTIL LONDON!!!!!
Beringer's was very interesting because it was a hardware store on one half and then a VERY chic China, glass store on the other half. Very interesting...and there was an Expresso bar!
I LOVED the Bead Shop because the owner kept the store open for me and I LOVE jewelry now, lol. It was a fun visit. And the prices are AMAZING...
Beads, anyone??
Sunday I got the itch to get out of town so I used Texas Highways to find the Carnegie Players putting on It's a Wonderful Life, one of my favorite Christmas stories. It was a WONDERFUL play, the actors were fantastic. I was SUPER impressed...and for a small town, too!
Cleburne...at sunset.
I walked around the Johnson County Courthouse while waiting for the sun to go down to see the Christmas lights.
The Courthouse...
National Historic Register :)

Gotta love Texas pride...
I ate at my favorite spot while the sun went down then headed to Hulen Park for the Whistle Stop Christmas display.
Beautiful!
Love the walkways all lit up...
The reflection on the pond...
All the trees were decorated in red, green and white. Fun change from the traditional white...
The Alamo!!!
And the train finally pulled up! (No, it was immoble, but an actual steam train engine.)
Better picture...
The reason for the season...
And I even saw Santa!
And as I was leaving I saw this beautiful courthouse in Hillsboro. Really nice... I'll get to Hillsboro one day. :)
Part 2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment