Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 8: Alexandria, Virginia

Today started my ascent to Connecticut. I made it through North Carolina and most of Virginia. I'm actually in Alexandria, Virginia which is about 10 miles west of Washington, D.C. I went ahead and made hotel reservations for tonight and tomorrow night here because there's so much to do.
This is my hotel room. There at the desk is where I sit :)
The bed (it's really high up)...
Fire, anyone?!? (Um hell no, it's summer)
The outside of the hotel...
Old Town Alexandria...It's lined with restaurants and modern shops. I actually expected more individual, independent shops but there's Walgreens, CVS, Gap, Restoration Hardware. Of course I stopped in Books-A-Million and got some Mark Twain books for Connecticut. :)

This is Gadsby's Tavern. The door on the left is to the museum where I plan on starting my day tomorrow. (Wanna know something coooool?? There's a Starbucks and a La Madelline on the way there!!) The restaurant I ate dinner at is on the right. It's where our Founding Fathers would meet and talk politics. I like to think I ate dinner with the ghost of Washington himself :) (Just kidding...that would be scary and I would have cried.)
Now if that isn't proof I don't know what is haha...
Tomorrow is full of Museums and Other Places that George Washington used to go. His doctor's office, church, Masonic memorial, and then to an art museum.
GIVE EM HELL HORNS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment